"EPK" Mac & Cheese
[Englische-cheddar Pasta-kasserole a la Koenig]
bag of large elbow macaroni
carton of milk
big block of sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
butter or margarine
two cans of stewed tomatoes
- pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- shred the cheese
- cook pasta in boiling water, for a few minutes less than usual
for a very al-dente bite
- pour pasta into colander and rinse with cold water
In a deep casserole dish, put one layer of macaroni. Scatter
dabs of butter and light sprinkles of salt and pepper to taste
over the mac layer Sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese over
Add a second layer of macaroni. Add a second scattering of butter
dabs, with salt and pepper. Add a second layer of cheese. Keep
alternating layers of mac, butter-salt-pepper, and cheese.
When you get to the top (usually 3 or 4 layers) make sure you
have enough cheese for a final topping layer of cheesy goodness.
Lastly, pour milk over the casserole until it rises to a little
below the top layer.
Bake the casserole for 20 to 30 minutes, until the top layer
of cheese is golden browned and a little crispy around the edges.
Heat the stewed tomatoes in a saucepan
the mac with sides of stewed tomatoes and cottage cheese
Gorgonzola Macaroni and Cheese
8oz. of elbow macaroni, cooked & drained
3/4 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
8oz. container sour cream
1 cup 2% milk
1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, finely ground
2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
2 Tablespoons butter
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 1 ½ quart baking dish and set aside
- Place milk and gorgonzola in a saucepan over low heat. Stir occasionally until the gorgonzola is completely melted. Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream and pepper.
- Add pasta and stir until completely mixed.
- Pour mixture into baking dish
- Melt butter in a small bowl and stir in breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Mix well. Sprinkle over the top of macaroni.
- Make for 30 minutes.